It is a Colour Challenge over at the Global Design Project this week!
Click here to see what the Design Team created to inspire us!
This combo screamed Christmas!
I have used the Good Tidings stamp set to make a background. The layers are stamped with same colour ink, but the first was stamped off to give a lighter shade. This was mounted on to Cherry Cobbler card stock and then on to a Pool Party card base.
The sentiment, I stamped in Pear Pizzazz and used the Layering Square framelit to cut it out.
I wanted a narrow border of red peeking out from behind this, so I cut this with my trimmer.
Finally, this was added to a Pol Party Scalloped square, and the on to the card with dimensionals.
A small bow tied from Pool Party Shimmer ribbon completed the card.
I hope you enjoyed the project today. Thanks for stopping by and happy stampin’!
Today’s project is a special thank you to my fab upline Sam Hammond …. Not only does she love rainbows, but I have used the Many Marvellous Marker collection which I only have because of her amazing generosity.
I have used the “acrylic block technique” to make this colourful background.
By adding ink from the stampin’ write markers on to the block, lightly spritzing with water and then stamping this on to watercolour paper – that’s it!
Leave it to dry and then cut it to size.
The stampin’ write markers can be used for stamping too! The sentiment from All Things Thanks was coloured with three markers, Smoky Slate, Basic Grey and Basic Black for a gradient effect.
I finished the card with black bakers twine and rhinestones.
I hope you enjoyed this project. To get your hands on these marvellous products click the links below.
I made this card especially for my mother-in-law’s birthday last weekend.
I used the beautiful Stampin’ Blends to colour the rose image. The darkest shades of Cherry Cobbler were used in the centre, gradually blending in the lighter shades of Calypso Coral towards the edges.
The leaves were coloured with Old Olive markers. The dark shade was added along the veins of the leaves and then blended with the light marker.
The dies were used to cut a black outline image and the sentiment.
The fine tip glue pen was used to adhere the delicate outline. The sentiment was raised on dimensionals. The panel was added to a Calypso Coral card base.
I hope you enjoyed this project. The supplies used are listed and linked below.
I discovered the Happy Celebrations stamp set had this great bold lettering perfect for some Stampin’ Blend colouring!
I stamped the sentiment on to a scrap of Whisper White card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
Once completely dry, I used Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blend markers the colour the image. To achieve this, each letter was coloured individually, starting with the lightest shade. The dark marker was used at the bottom, and blended out to the top with the light marker.
The coloured panel was adhered to a piece of vellum with Fast Fuse adhesive.
The card base was made with Rich Razzleberry card stock. A piece of striped paper from the Birthday Memories designer series paper collection was chosen as the background.
The sentiment was added to the card with dimensionals and some rhinestones provided a bit of sparkle.
I hope you enjoyed this project. The supplies used are listed and linked to the shop below.
This week the challenge is to case the designer Connie Collins. Take a look at what the Design Team made here.
And this is what I made based upon her design.
A Daffodil Delight card layer was stamped using the bee image from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and Daffodil Delight ink.
Some black shimmer ribbon was added to the left hand side before adhering to a black card base.
A piece of Whisper White card stock was cut to 2-3/4 by 4-3/4. Three bees were stamped toward the top, which were coloured using Stampin’ Blends. This was added to a slightly larger black layer. This was added to the card with dimensionals.
The sentiment from the same stamp set was heat embossed with white powder and cut to a banner. This was adhered with Fast Fuse adhesive.
To finish off the card, some clear Wink of Stellar was added to the bees’ wings and a few black rhinestones provided a bit of bling.
I hope you enjoyed this project. The supplies used are listed below.