Today I am delighted and honoured to be sharing my first project as an Inspire.Create challenge. Design Team member!
This time it’s a 3D theme challenge. The rest of the design team have made some wonderful samples as inspiration. You can see them here.
Why not give it a go? We’d love to see your 3D creations!
3D projects aren’t my forté… I hope you enjoy my effort with this mini album. I learned to make these many years ago. They make lovely gifts!
I made my samples with the Paper Blooms Sale-a-bration designer series paper pack. I just love the colour palette in this collection!
Each “page” uses a 6 by 6 piece of paper so you can get 4 out of each 12 by 12 sheet. This project requires 6 pages.
To make each square;
- Fold in half and reopen, bring each side to the middle fold to create 4 sections
- Turn 90 degrees and repeat. You should have 16 squares, measuring 1-1/2 inches, in your paper
- I like to use a scoreboard to create these first set of squares, (score at 1-1/2, 3 and 4-1/2 inches)
- Fold each corner to the centre point, crease and reopen
- Turn in each corner to the first 1-1/2 inch intersection, then fold in to the centre
- Turn over the folded paper
- Fold each corner the the centre point and reopen
- Turn it back over
- On three sides, lift and fold back on itself – this is called a squash fold
- Insert a square of cardstock that measures just under 3 inches.
- Use the exposed points to join the pages together with wet glue
To make the cover;
- Cut a piece of cardstock 7 by 3-1/4 inches
- Score on the long side at 3-1/5 and 3-3/4 inches
- Cut a layer in coordinating cardstock 3-1/8 square, and designer series paper 3 inches square
- Round the corners and adhere the pieces to the front cover
- Add ribbon across the inside of the cover
- Add white cardstock to the inside back cover, over the ribbon
- Decorate the front using the Double Oval, Small Bloom and Sprig Punches!
Adhere the pages to the inside front cover of the album. If preferred, the back page can also be adhered in place.
Tags and other embellishments can be added to the inside.
I hope you enjoyed this project.
I have created 2 videos showing the page folding and making the cover.
The supplies used are listed and linked to the online store below.
If your order is less than £150, use the Hostess Code UYZ33U2J when placing your order to get an extra gift from me!
I would love to be your demonstrator.
Thanks for stopping by today and happy Stampin’!